NS/PEI Diocesan Synod 2017
May 31, 2017
Last week, Threshold Ministries was blessed to have participated in the 147th Synod of the Diocese of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, in Halifax, NS. Aiming "to participate in God’s mission of reconciling the world to God, through Jesus Christ," the synod representatives participated in a 3-day conference where they shared in times of worship, prayer, deliberations and fellowship.
It's encouraging to see how God is moving in people, across this great land, and mobilizing congregations to transform communities and see lives changed!
If you'd like Threshold Ministries to attend an event in your area, let us know! Email [email protected] with the details.
More about the Diocese:
The Anglican Diocese of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island seeks to fulfill the Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion. Their vision is to create and sustain Christ-centered, mission-minded communities of faith. Furthermore, they seek:
- to proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom;
- to teach, baptize and nurture new believers;
- to respond to human need by loving service;
to seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation;
- to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
Their aim is to see this vision come to life by focusing on the Marks of a Healthy Congregation:
- IDENTITY: Our congregation knows who they are before God;
- VISION: Our congregations knows what it is called to do;
- STEWARDSHIP: Our congregation has the resources and leadership necessary to carry out its calling;
- WORSHIP: People experience the power and energy of the Gospel in their worship and life together;
- OUTREACH: The activities of our congregation make a discernible difference in individual lives and in the world around us.
- CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION: Our congregation has the ability to transform conflict into positive enegry for the Gospel.